Year 6

We are AWESOME!

26 May

Macbeth’s letter Matthew

Dear wife,

I have many things to tell you about: the battle between Scotland and Norway;three witches prophecies; how I became Thane of Cawdor and about Malcom.

I am sad to have to describe our battle because many comrades died.Only me and Banquo survived. I am not sure whether the moor was blood and weapons or corpses.

On our travels , we discovered three witches. They were mysterious creatures: they had no skin; wearing black attire; brewing a potion. They prophosised that I would be Thane of Cawdor and I would eventually become King. They also predicted that Banquo’s children would be king.

Continuing home, a messenger arrived and told me I am now Thane of Cawdor because the former Thane commited treason against the King.Duncan heard of my success so he gave me the title.

I saw Duncan make Malcom prince so he is now an obstacle. I have thought of a plan to kill Duncan and blame it on Malcom so he is killed for treason. I will kill Duncan by putting poison in the gaurds’ drinks . Then while  he is sleeping I shall behead him. Malcom his son shall be smothered in blood.

Love Macbeth

P.S. I will be home in a couple of days.

No comments