Year 6

We are AWESOME!

26 May

A letter to Lady Macbeth

My dear one and only,

I am writing to say I am safe also I have mixed news about what has happened in the last couple of days. Firstly, one thing I am sure you are going to be pleased about is that we were successful in the battle though it was a nightmare; unfortunately many of my comrades were slaghtered and damaged but some survived.

Along the moor we came across three unusual women[sisters] confronted Banquo and I about our future life. Listening carefully, they placed their arms upon our shoulders….

I was confused as they told me I was going to become Thane of Cawdor and King hereafter. Banquo was told his child Flaonce was to become King but not him. It was true…….

Soon after the conversation galloping on a paper-white horse King Duncan’s chief messenger explained to us that he was pleased with our victory and the current Thane of Cawdor betrayed King Duncan. So he has now given the power to me! So I realised that the devils spoke truth.

King Duncan’s son ,Malcolm, became Prince of Cumberland which made me feel furious as he was a step up from me. I was told I was going to become King. At the moment I don’t have a plan, but I need one. Whether it is killing King Duncan I do not know but please help me choose. So that is all, I will see you in a few days.

Your Lover Macbeth x

No comments